The Pi-Bot is a uniquely designed (and affordable!) complete robot kit for anyone interested in building and programming robots! Pi-Bot was engineered from the ground up through several design cycles to optimize function while staying affordable. They continue to work with students to make our designs appealing, and work with experts in the area of robotics to improve their designs. They field tested their Pi-Bots with a small group of high school and college students. The response has been remarkable. This is the kit you wish you had growing up!
Pi-Bot is unique:
- Modular platform for interchangeable sensors
- Standardized Arduino C programming
- Novel chassis design minimizes weight while maintaining strength
- Fully accessible microprocessor for easy connections
- Slide in battery pack
- Additional microprocessors can be used simply replacing the support plate
- Develops practical knowledge by using real electronic components
- All for a low cost!
Please note that the Pi-Bot uses Arduino technology and does not involve Raspberry Pi.
The kit includes:
- Pi-shaped acrylic chassis (made locally in the US)
- STEM board - Arduino compatible microcontroller
- USB cable
- Motor controller
- Ball-bearing castor
- Ultrasonic distance sensor
- Line tracking sensor
- LEDs and resistors
- Wireset and jumpers
- Power switch
- Mounting brackets
- 4-AA battery holder
- Spacers and fasteners
- Easy to follow instructions
- No soldering required
If you want to get a Pi-Bot, check out the Kickstarter!
Posted by Michael Kaudze on 02/13 at 03:11 PM