Posted in: SERVO Blog (03/18 at 02:54 PM)
Inside Adam Savage’s Cave: Awesome Robot Spider!
Adam Savage shows off the special box and platform he built to tinker and calibrate the T8 Spider he pre-ordered from Robugtix™. It's not for the Arachnophobic! T8 is a bio-inspired high resolution 3D printed robot that uses a total of 26 servo motors. It is powered by the Bigfoot™ Inverse Kinematics Engine.
The Bigfoot™ Inverse Kinematics Engine handles all the complex math calculations necessary for controlling multi-legged walking robots. All computations are safely hidden from the user in the form of a black box. This means that the user only has to send short and simple commands to the robot (for example, instructing it to walk forward at a desired speed) and the engine will automatically take care of all the details, including inverse kinematics, leg trajectory planning, leg gait coordination, motor control, etc. This makes it quite easy even for absolute beginners to play with advanced robotics. Commands are sent and received via wireless XBee. Optionally, you can connect your own serial communication method with the provided Rx/Tx pins. You can choose between pre-programming your own sequences or directly controlling the robot in real time with the wireless Robugtix™ Controller.
- Injection molded exoskeleton
- Wirelessly controlled via Wi-Fi
- Ability to share scripts with others
- Ability to communicate with other T8X
- Remotely accessible from anywhere with Wi-Fi connection
- Optional serial communications pins for direct control and custom development
- Powered by 26 advanced Robugtix servo motors with PID control and customization features
- Touch sensing capabilities
- Built-in battery charging system
- Rechargeable batteries included
Find out more about the Robugtix here: http://www.robugtix.com/