First Annual National Robotics Week To Take Place In April
The first annual National Robotics Week is April 10-18, 2010.
There are a number of events scheduled, from competitions to parties to factory tours all around the US. It’s a wonderful idea, having a National Robotics Week full of exciting robot-y things… Just do the industry a favor: if you decide to go to one of these events because you think robots are awesome, bring along someone you know who doesn’t think that robots are awesome, and show them what they’re missing out on. Robotics has an incredible core of devoted people, but part of our job has to be showing everybody else why, and how, robots are going to be an important part of our lives in the future. Not the forever from now flying car jetpack future, but the next few years future. It’s not something anyone needs to be scared of or intimidated by as long as they understand, and hopefully National Robotics Week can take a crack at making that happen.
The purpose of National Robotics Week is to:
* Celebrate the US as a leader in robotics technology development
* Educate the public about how robotics technology impacts society, both now and in the future
* Advocate for increased funding for robotics technology research and development
* Inspire students of all ages to pursue careers in robotics and other Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math-related fields
Why is robotics important?
* Robotics technology is a growing industry which creates high-tech jobs in the US
* Robotics technologies are helping to improve healthcare, national defense, homeland security, energy, manufacturing, logistics, transportation, agriculture, education, consumer goods, and many other sectors
* Robotics provides an exciting, hands-on way for students to learn Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
[Source] Electronics Online: First Annual National Robotics Week To Take Place In April
Posted by Michael Kaudze on 03/31 at 10:56 AM